Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lygon Street

Today Jarrod and I went different directions, starting around 5:15 this morning.  I'll write up my story first then get to Jarrod's in the next post.
This morning started out way too early.  The boys and I got up at 4:45 so we could drop Jarrod off for a fishing trip.  We were back in bed by 6, and thank goodness, because those extra couple hours of sleep were a nice bonus.  After errands early in the day we headed downtown to the Carlton Gardens.  The boys showed off their boomerang throwing skills, then we met up with Chad and Lori and their kids, and eventually Rob and Carol and their 8-year old son Remy.  Chad is my coworker from the U.S. here on a two year assignment, and Rob is one of the consultants on the project.  (It was Rob's brother that Jarrod went fishing with today.)  After lots of fun at the playground, including a footy lesson from Rob, we walked to Lygon Street, Melbourne's version of Little Italy.  We had a delicious dinner at Papa Gino's then continued on to a gelato shop for dessert.  The kids all played very well together.  So well in fact that Ryan fancies himself as wanting to marry both of Chad's daughters (ages 6 and 7).  I should have been thinking quicker and snapped a picture of him escorting the girls to dinner, one on each arm!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the time Ryan was playing goalie at soccer with a girl on each side of him. All 3 had really big smiles and nobody noticed the ball go right by them. (sorry, Ryan, I just had to tell on you)
    I love you all.
    grama

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete