While visiting Melbourne we are staying in a 'serviced apartment'. It's actually a very nice house on a quiet street about 10 minutes walk from the beach. It has beautiful hardwood flooring throughout the living room and kitchen with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. High ceilings and an open floor plan give it a spacious feel. It has a private deck out back with a new BBQ the landlady brought us when we enquired. There are several aspects of this house we would love to have at home. However we would not want the approximate $500,000 price tag. Many things here are very expensive, homes being just one of them. I was told today that entry level wage at McDonald's is $17/hr. In general the economy is strong and unemployment is low.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Does Jarrod want to work at Mcdonalds?
ReplyDeleteOk, I think I need to modify my last post after seeing your response. How hard is it to get a work visa? Is your company hiring? :-O
ReplyDelete